The Amalfi Coast and Southern Italy tour includes 6 days of driving and a free day in Matera.
Cycling on 2 wheels through the elegant Mediterranean towns of Amalfi, Positano and Ravello is unforgettable.
The visions of historic Matera and witnessing the devastation of Pompeii are speechless.
The exciting and picturesque coastal road of the Gargano Promontory in Puglia makes this journey almost surreal.
Traveling the Italian “coast to coast” through the dramatic back roads of the Abruzzo Pennines is one of the gems of the trip!
And once the sun has gone down, kick off your boots and relax in a four star hotel, eating great food, enjoying excellent wine and exploring what the local nightlife has to offer.
Enrico Grassi, Tour Leader and Founder of Hear the Road has spent many hours discovering the horse trails and the extraordinary hospitality to leave you with an adventure holiday that you will always remember with a smile.
The tour starts and ends in Rome which allows for easy planning to extend your visit to this fabulous city if you wish.
We leave and we arrive
Day 1: Welcome to Rome
Day 2: from Rome to Sperlonga − 249 Km /155 miles
Day 3: from Sperlonga to Ravello − 167 Km /104 miles
Day 4: Amalfi Coast − 122 Km /76 miles
Day 5: from Ravello to Matera − 272 Km /170 miles
Day 6: free day in Matera
Day 7: from Matera to Termoli − 373 Km /232 miles
Day 8: Termoli to Rome − 369 Km /230 miles
Day 9: departure day
Motorbike rental with side cases, top case, locks and anti-theft device. (A security deposit for damage, theft and fire is required for rental motorcycles, between €1,500 and €3,000, depending on the model chosen).
WHAT IS THE DAMAGE SECURITY DEPOSIT? Each motorcycle has a security deposit. This amount will be blocked on your credit card, but not cashed. The deposit is your maximum liability for theft or damage to the vehicle. Make sure you have enough funds to cover the security deposit on your cards.
• The motorbike rental prices include the costs for civil liability insurance and insurance for any roadside assistance in the event of a breakdown.
• Welcome and farewell dinners in Rome.
• Accommodation: 2 nights with breakfast in a 4-star hotel in Rome, and 6 nights with breakfast in a 3 or 4-star hotel in the cities where we will stop during the tour.
• Transfers to and from the airport.
• Italian tour leader.
• Courtesy van for picking up and leaving motorbikes
• Guided visit to the archaeological site of Pompeii. (about 3 hours)
• Support van. The van will carry a tool kit for minor repairs.
You will be able to leave your suitcases (1 suitcase + 1 handbag per person) in the van, as well as any souvenirs you buy along the way. The van also has a couple of seats that passengers might want to use if they feel they need some rest
off the bikes!
• A detailed Road-book with all the information you will need; a map with the well-signposted route; the “Wordless Travel Book” and a Hear the Road T-Shirt.
• Insurance covering almost all medical problems during the trip, including doctors, ambulance, hospital and any appropriate family travel.
What is not included
Fuel for your motorcycle.
• Tolls on motorways.
• Entrance tickets to museums or other sites.
• All meals and drinks, with the exception of welcome and farewell dinners in Rome, 2 dinners in Siena, 1 dinner in Orvieto and 1 wine tasting in Siena.
• Flights to and from Rome.
We also suggest that anyone traveling abroad on one of our Tours consider purchasing ‘Travel Insurance’. It can take the worry out of unforeseen situations that may arise in any travel plan
The tour without any payment and we will immediately check availability of seats and motorbike!
TERMS OF PAYMENT
Only after receiving confirmation emails of tour places and availability of the chosen vehicle will the following be requested: € 800 deposit to be paid. (The deposit is fully refundable if the minimum number of participants is not reached). Balance payable, 60 days before start date when you receive confirmation from us.
IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION
If you decide to cancel the tour for any reason beyond La Duchessa’s control, these are the penalties you will incur:
Up to 60 days before the start date, we keep the deposit, which you can use for another tour in the same year or in the following year.
Between 59 and 10 days before the start date the deposit is lost. We keep the balance that you can use for another tour in the same year or in the following year.
From 9 days before the start date you lose 50% of the total amount. We keep the remaining 50% which you can use for another tour in the same year or the following year.